Born and raised on the slopes of Mauna Kea on the Island of Hawaii. Josh began competing in rodeo events at the age of seven (7), winning the State All-Around Cowboy title in his Sophomore, Junior and Senior years of the Hawaii High School Rodeo Association. Following a successful High School Rodeo Career, Josh was recruited to attend Panhandle State University in Goodwell, Oklahoma on a full Scholarship riding Saddle Bronc Horses and roping at the Collegiate and Professional level. Upon completion of two years at Panhandle, Josh was again recruited to attend Missouri Valley College in Marshall, MO to continue his rodeo career riding saddle bronc horses at the collegiate and professional levels until his graduation in 2000 with a degree in Agriculture Business Management.
Following his graduation, Josh returned to Hawaii to start colts for the world famous SC Ranch owned by Dutch and Kerry Schuman, who showed reined cow horses at the world level. The 8,500 acre ranch ran from 2,500′ to 8,500′ elevation on the slopes of Mauna Kea.
- Three-time Hawaii State high school all-around rodeo champion.
- Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) card holder for nine years.
- AQHA Member for twenty years.
- Horse trainer at SC Ranch on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- BLM approved TIP Trainer.
- Extreme Mustang Makeover competitor.
- Experienced colt starter for all disciplines and breeds.
- Experienced Farrier since 1995
Josh and Erica are parents of daughters Layla Marcella, Chayney Lauren FitzGerald and Henlee Rose FitzGerald. They live in Yamhill.
Josh roped in the PRCA Columbia River Circuit and showed Roping Horses in the AQHA. If a safe, well broke horse is in your future, Josh can get you there.